Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Another water damaged Hero Black 7

[ New ]

It's not a secret that the Hero Black 7 had water issues with battery and port doors.  Very well documented here and on various blogs.  Man I wish I had read these blogs before wasting the money on the hype.  Six uses...6!  That is around $75 per use.  First 5 in a dry environment.  First time surfing with the GoPro, 1 - 3 feet, glassy small Florida waves.  One hour on my longboard and the Camera is done.  Screen went black.  I thought maybe the battery died.  Went home and opened the Gopro to charge it and water was in the charging port behind the closed and "sealed" door.  Then I open the battery door, more water.  Waterproof to 33 feet my butt.  This camera never went more than a foot under water and then splashed through the waves on the padlle out  to the line up.  

After sending in the requested pictures and reciept (Purchaced late May 2019 - just over 1 year) I was told I can buy a new GP8 for a discount.  Seriously, GoPro tries to upsell a guy out $400.  

Disappointed to say the least in the support and with the equipment.

battery slot.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Another water damaged Hero Black 7

[ New ]

Hi @wxdudejax

So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO7 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing.
While water damage is usually not covered by the warranty, our Support Team will still try to help you with possible options.

If you have further questions or concerns regarding your case, please follow up with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @wxdudejax

So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO7 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing.
While water damage is usually not covered by the warranty, our Support Team will still try to help you with possible options.

If you have further questions or concerns regarding your case, please follow up with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

You should go and read all of the posts with the exact same issue and damage.  Stop reading from the GoPro script and look at these well documented issues through the eyes of the consumer.  If you don't, us, the consumers will start looking else where for products that work as claimed.

Tourist

[ New ]
You should go and read all of the posts with the exact same issue and damage. Stop reading from the GoPro script and look at these well documented issues through the eyes of the consumer. If you don't, us, the consumers will start looking else where for products that work as claimed.