Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Another can't connect story :(

[ New ]

I love my Hero 9 Black when it works as it suppose to. What is going on with connection issues?  I shouldn't have to go through 10 steps on my GoPro and device just to connect.  Anyone know what the real issue is ????? Unreal and super frustrating when you're out in the field doing your thing and the Hero 9 fails to perform a simple task of connecting to it's own app.

GoPro

Re: Another can't connect story :(

[ New ]

Hi @kimberlym13851

Can you help us with the following information: Camera version, GoPro App version, phone and OS version

Try manually connecting to the camera's WiFi network.  Send the app to the background and manually connect to the camera from your phone’s WiFi settings. 

You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then tapping the Info button on the camera.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello, 

I have the Hero 9 Black and using my Samsung S10. Thanks for the repsonse. I tried to connect to the wifi using your suggestion and the GoPro's wifi will not show up on my device wifi list.  I toggle the connection settings off and on there is no way I can connect to the app. I deleted the app and reinstalled and it did connect for a few minutes then lost connection again. 

Please advise

Thank you

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @kimberlym13851

Is there another phone you can test this with?

This will help isolate the issue further.

You may also try resetting the camera's Wi-Fi settings before trying to reconnect.

Here are some links you may refer to:

Reset Wi-Fi Name and Password

Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej