Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Android app versus IOS app / which one to choose?

All, as i am considering to purchase a new phone, and I would like to use it also to edit the gopro max footage, what is preferred.....

should I choose Android or IOS? which app is better or has better functionality to edit the GoPro Max videos and photos?

thanks for the comments

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Android app versus IOS app / which one to choose?

Hello, @wiljan5560. Thank you for reaching out. This article on 360 Support in the GoPro App is a good reference. The Hub members will most probably share their preferences based on experience and expertise, so please wait for their response. 

Highlighted
Nomad

Thanks for the reply.

Any other member, user that can share their experience in this?

Highlighted
Nomad

only one answer will fit..

Apple's iphone..

beter suport, beter performance..

for android u need a phone that comes in price range for apple to do the same, that is, IF it comes to it.

Highlighted
Explorer

I have an older LG v30 and MAX footage works very well with it. The new GoPro mobile app for Android has all of the keyframing capabilities and Overcapture capabilities as the iPhone and now also has Worldlock and Horizon Leveling.

That being said, if I were choosing a phone specifically with MAX in mind, I would get an iPhone. The main reason for this is because it's much easier for GoPro engineers to add features and update the app on the iOS platform. Additionally, right now the iOS app has one feature not present in the Android version, which is the enhanced mount elimination. You will still get the "invisible" selfie stick with MAX footage whether you render on a computer or Android/iOS device, but the feature on the iPhone just makes it better. Strangely, this is a feature not on by default, but users who enable it say that the results are very good.

I love the MAX and it has easily replaced all of my other GoPro (and other) cameras for most times when I want to record anything from action sports to hanging with the family. I also have Fusion, but I rarely used it because the stitching/rendering/video editing was a very long process. With MAX and the Android app (which should be as good, if not better on iPhone) it takes a fraction of the time, and I actually enjoy the process.

Hope that helps.
Highlighted
Explorer

One extra note on this, personally, since I'm not a big fan of the iOS platform, I would get the new LG v60 with the dual screen. It's cheaper than the new iPhones and Samsung Galaxy, has a blazing fast processor, incredible battery, and having transitioned from Samsung (which I got horrible performance with the GoPro app and Quik mobile app) to LG, I have become a big fan of LG performance and overall user experience.