Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Altitude Decreases as a I Climb

Sorry, @rblue.We have not heard from the team yet. 

Highlighted
Tourist

So we know for sure the hardware isn't bad? I've waited a YEAR on this... 
I'll just move to Garmin next unless something can be done inside of a week from today. 

It's been so long I'm at the point where I'm looking to replace, and add three more cameras, so I guess I just go for Garmin? Not sure I want to waste my time again.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thought I'd check in for an update... Haven't heard anything in some time. 
I replaced my GoPro Hero 6 Black with a 7 Black, and same issue. Brand new install of Quik on a PC or Mac; zero difference with either.
Fresh footage from the weekend. How do I make the altitude *increase* as I climb instead of going into negatives?  

-Rob

gopro.JPG
Highlighted
Nomad

This really is strange, have you tried using a different program to see if you get the same results?  (Dashware, Racerender).  That would help isolate whether it's a camera issue or if it's QUIK itself that's at fault.

Highlighted
Tourist

EXCELLENT advice - thank you!! I grabbed RaceRender (Mac) and tried it real quick. Same issue... super weird. My Hero 6 and 7 both do the same thing, and it definitely doesn't seem to be related to the software I use.

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 12.32.20 PM.png
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi @rblue,

I have the same problem, I am really appreciate if you can share the solution. I am using Hero 7 Black.

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately there is no solution to this, apparently. Latest software on either a Mac or a PC and it's the same story. Latest firmware on Hero 7 Black (6 also did the same thing). I think they'd rather just ignore this and hope we go away.