Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Altitude Decreases as a I Climb

Marius,

Figured I'd check in to get an update, but also to provide a link to my flight yesterday. The time is also not showing correctly, even though it IS correct on the GoPro...

Thanks
-Rob Blue

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @rblue

I just checked with the team and they have already noted this case and the specific issues. They are still working on it and we are looking at an update on the software for a fix. No information on when the release is, but we will keep you in the loop. Appreciate you continuing to check back to provide additional information. 

Many thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Marius,

Thank you for the updates!! It's much appreciated. No huge hurry on the fix - the camera does a great job and produces some nice video without it, but as a flying data-driven dork, I do like that info and look forward to posting on a bunch of my vids. :)  

Thanks!
-Rob

Highlighted
Tourist

Marius,

Just wanted to check in on this to see what we've found. I also noticed the time is not correct at all. The time on my GoPro, however, is correct. I did some flying this weekend and can confirm altitude is wildly incorrect along with the time.

Thanks!
-Rob

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @rblue

I know it has been long. Is the case still the same even with the latest version of Quik that was just released last Friday (v2.7)? 

Thanks, 

Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Same issue. Altitude is wildly inaccurate. This is not the SAME exact thing (decrease as a climb), but I get that as well. This clip was started while flying home at 5,500' ASL. I never went above that. This is 2.7.

It also was a little after 3 PM central time.

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 9.23.45 PM.png

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the update. I relayed this information to the team. I will post again once I hear back from them. Best regards!

Highlighted
Tourist

It's been almost a year - hoping you have some good news finally, right? 
I've been pretty patient, but I won't be purchasing another GoPro if I continue to be ignored.

Thanks