Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

All of my video files on my GoPro have been switched to still pictures--hundreds of them

[ New ]

For some reason, every video that I have shot on my GoPro Hero3+ has been converted to still pictures when I download them.  Hundreds of pictures in order of the way the video was shot.  How do I get the GoPro to download as video, instead of still pictures?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: All of my video files on my GoPro have been switched to still pictures--hundreds of them

[ New ]

Hello @epicgorge8275

The card mentioned is not one from the list of our recommended cards.

Please refer to https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/SD-Cards-that-Work-with-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394308#Older_Cameras

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: All of my video files on my GoPro have been switched to still pictures--hundreds of them

[ New ]

Hi @epicgorge8275

What SD card are you using? Please include the brand, type, and capacity.

How are you viewing/accessing the files?

Do you still have them saved on the card? Are you able to play the files via the GoPro App?3

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Ej, thanks for writing back.

My SD card is a San Disk 128 GB ImageMate.

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that's the problem... the size of the card is too big.

I pulled it out and put it into a separate file downloader, and there were no videos, just still pictures.

Regarding the app you spoke of, message I get says, my device does not support (I tried download on my PC, but nothing else).

I can click on each picture in order and see the sequence of how the video was shot.

Tourist

[ New ]

Also wondering if there is a setting inside the camera that is off-kilter,.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @epicgorge8275

The card mentioned is not one from the list of our recommended cards.

Please refer to https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/SD-Cards-that-Work-with-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394308#Older_Cameras

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Yep, that explains it.

I need to get a San Disk 32 GB card, and immediately download it each time I record something on it.

They don't tell you these things when you purchase an electronic product.

Thanks!