Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Akku entladung wenn der hero 8 black ausgeschaltet ist

Hallo zusammen,

habe vor ein paar Tagen den achten hero angeschafft. Leider konnte ich bemerken, dass das Akku entlädt bei ausgeschaltetem Gerät. Der neuste Update 1.5 ist drauf. Sprachsteurung für das Einschalten ist abgeschaltet. Was kann ich dagegen tun? Es nervt?

Danke vorab.

Gruß
Funk

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Akku entladung wenn der hero 8 black ausgeschaltet ist

Thank you for going through the recommended steps, @mrspark. It is not unusual for the battery to discharge even when the camera is turned off. Draining fast and draining overnight though is not expected. How fast does your camera battery discharge? 

It is important to determine battery integrity to make sure that your camera works smoothly. You may perform a short record time test. Should you get a runtime that is significantly shorter than the expected battery life, despite you using a recommended SD card and the camera being updated to the latest firmware, let our Support team know. This way, they can help you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @mrspark,

Sorry to know that you are having problem with your camera. 

Please update your camera to the latest firmware. 

After updating it make sure that the voice command and Wi-Fi is turned off when not in use. 

Turn off the wake up on voice as well. 

If issue persist please contact GoPro Customer Support via phone or chat.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]
Hello and thanks for your Answer,

my go pro was updated to the last firmware. The firmware is v01.50.00. I have download it on this website.
And I have make it sure that the wake up on the voice was turned of.

But the voice command function, GPS and WiFi was turned on. Off was only the wake up on the voice.
I would test my GoPro with turned of the voice command and WiFi and will give you the information about the result.

Is it possible to make the next update of the firmware without this shortcommings?
Maybe the functions will be shut down in the background if GoPro turned off. My GoPro hero8 Black has not this problem.

Thanks for you information.

BR
Funk
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for going through the recommended steps, @mrspark. It is not unusual for the battery to discharge even when the camera is turned off. Draining fast and draining overnight though is not expected. How fast does your camera battery discharge? 

It is important to determine battery integrity to make sure that your camera works smoothly. You may perform a short record time test. Should you get a runtime that is significantly shorter than the expected battery life, despite you using a recommended SD card and the camera being updated to the latest firmware, let our Support team know. This way, they can help you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs