Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Air bubble/crack seen inside the lens

This is quite a unique issue I have seen in my GoPro7 black.

Please see the pictures attached and see why is this small air bubble/crack seen inside the lens?

I have not used it underwater since its purchase. 

I have been using another GoPro 7 , but it does't exist in that.

Can you please clarify?

InkedIMG-74016_LI.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Air bubble/crack seen inside the lens

Adding another picture to specify its not a light reflection 

InkedIMG-7404_LI.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

@arjunanand87, could be just a reflection. Is the image quality affected when you record videos or capture a photo?

Highlighted
Tourist

@aenriquez , I thought the same, but it is not.

Thats why I clicked pictures of the lens from different angles & I see it all the times (irrespective in room, outside under day light and in night time) . 

I also see more of pictures often where objects shadow is also seen (Like attached )GOPR0316.JPGGOPR0370.JPG

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the additional photos, @arjunanand87. To verify, is the bubble inside the lens (the actual lens not the protective lens)? 

If the bubble is in the protective lens, try removing the Protective Lens and allowing the unit to dry in an air-conditioned and/or low humidity environment (<50% Humidity). Once the bubble has cleared, simply re-attach the Protective Lens. Here is how to remove the protective lens. 

If this is not the case, let our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . They will walk you through the next steps. 

Highlighted
Tourist

@mariustanya I guess you did't read my first post .

I have removed the outer lens and checked it. That bubble/crack/ something is inside the lens 

What is the next step? Will your support team reach out to me ?

Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry, I missed that, @arjunanand87. The next step then is to connect with our Support team. To do this, please visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. you can direct the team to this thread for easy reference. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi I have two doubts on sending my GoPro for replacement ( RMA - 637890)
- Will I be charged custom charges/fee for the replacement product ?

- Can I remove the outer lens and send it to you?