Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

After spending $850 CAN for the Gopro Max and top end SD card. I feel I got Hosed........

So I bought the GoPro  Hero 8 in Jan 2020. and had nothing be issues with it from Day one......... so when the Max came out. 

I prayed It would have the fixes....... Boy was I wrong!!!!!!    I just spent $760 on just the go pro Max alone.

got it home did all the set up and updated the camera. Im not stranger to action cams and gopro products. Been used them for years and years,. 

So on day 1!!!!!! I was already having problems with if I start recording for "x" amount of time and then push the start stop buttom the recording stops. But! when I got to record again. and push the start stop buttom. nothiong happens even if I push the poswer buttom.

nothing happens.... only way to get it to work it to remove the battery and reinstall it. and then push the start stop buttom.

thats just the fist problem.

#2  I will record say a 6 min section of pov mountain biking and be randomly be missing like half of the clip. rather it be the start or end...

had the same problem with the hero 8.  And I even using a completely different sd card.

#3 I get dropped frames like crazy!!! more then any other go pro I have owned.......

Im sooooooo upset with this product......... I truly feel I got robbed out of my hard eraned money........ 

Help me out here gopro............

benwhy40@hotmail.com

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: After spending $850 CAN for the Gopro Max and top end SD card. I feel I got Hosed........

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the camera, @foggyhero80386. These are not expected behaviors. The camera working inconsistently though could be due to firmware or an SD card issue. 

To isolate the source of trouble, perform a manual firmware update following the steps below: 

1. Go to the Update page and choose the MAX camera.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the bottom of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system. 

Do this even if the camera may already have the latest firmware. This will help clear any possible error with the current installation. 

Make sure that the camera battery is fully charged, and that a formatted, recommended SD card is used. 

After the update, try recording with the MAX again. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: After spending $850 CAN for the Gopro Max and top end SD card. I feel I got Hosed........

I have already manually updated the camera. As I know that’s the first thing you would ask me to do. I also bought another SD card and I’m very aware of what type of SD card is used for the camera. And also bought a new Sd to see if this would help..... no dice.....
I’m soooooo mad!
Highlighted
Tourist

I’m going to see if I can exchange it at the store I bought it from....