Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

After 80 minutes of recording while hiking, the video stopped recording, but the audio continued

After 80 minutes of recording in 2.7k/60/L, the video stopped recording but the audio continued to be recorded. There was no battery in the camera, I used a powerbank to power the camera. Total record time was 180 minutes. Ambient temperature was low 40's F. Curious as to why this happened. I did not check camera temperature. Did not notice that this had happened until I got home and reviewd the video files. Thanks for any insight.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: After 80 minutes of recording while hiking, the video stopped recording, but the audio continued

Hi @grandpeak41773

What camera and SD card are you using?

Please make sure that you are on the latest firmware version and that you are using one of the recommended SD cards.

Similar issue has been discussed on this thread.

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: After 80 minutes of recording while hiking, the video stopped recording, but the audio continued

Hi @grandpeak41773

What camera and SD card are you using?

Please make sure that you are on the latest firmware version and that you are using one of the recommended SD cards.

Similar issue has been discussed on this thread.

Thanks!
Ej