Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Advice Needed On What To Purchase For Live Stream Hiking

G

@rick9k wrote:

Live streaming with the gopro is so broken, if I was you I would return the gopro and wait to see if they ever fix it.

So far gopro show no indications of fixing it, its been 6 months of broken live streaming, just look around on this forum.

Geez, I hate to return it but the whole purpose for buying it was for a better livestream than what my phone could give....at least my phone can livestream perfectly, the quality with movement just isn’t any good...this GoPro is such a let down....

Hiker

Re: Live Stream Hiking YouTube and Hotspot

Oh my goodness!  So I finally figured out how to get this to stream without taking over one of my 24/7 streams!  I had to use the RTMP url option to point it directly to a new YouTube stream.  That needs to be fixed by GoPro in their YouTube option!

Then to my next issue which I have only part way been able to get past which is connecting to the hotspot.  I have read several posts with people having this issue...and it is def another GoPro problem that needs to be fixed!  I am not tech savvy so I don’t know the reason for this but the only way I can get my GoPro to connect to my hotspot on my iphone is to first connect another device like my iPad to my iPhone hotspot, then disconnect that device, then my GoPro connects no problem.  So...I did take a walk with my live streaming hero7, but the stream only lasted about 20 min before getting disconnected...and of course it wouldn’t connect to the hotspot again and I didn’t bring my iPad on the walk with me! 

I will will keep trying cause I have to say the hotspot live stream was awesome while it worked!!!  I just feel GoPro should have worked out all these issues before releasing to H7 Black...there are just way too many probs with work around!!!  PLUS I spent over an hour with tech support who couldn’t find the answers and was promised a call back which I still have not received!  

LOVE and HATE the GoPro Hero7 Black!!!

https://youtu.be/iCH_MHNA0Qo

Hiker

I don’t recommend to buy GoPro for live-streams. Once I did it I faced so many issues GoPro 7 has that were barely fixed. It turns of, it uses very high bitrate, no upside down use, no flexible settings at all. All I have is a great stabilization in daytime which isn’t great at night.
Hiker

I can better say I used GoPro 7 for RTMP live-streams on periscope. Do you know how many livestreamers use GoPro 7 on periscope? A few. Those few whom I gave a knowledge how to handle this laggy GoPro 7 and contrive to work with periscope. And how not to be sad after you done choppy broadcast with lots of fails.
Hiker

You would think that such an important and purchase enticing new feature from GoPro would work! Such a bummer........
Hiker

Re: Hotspot issues with H7 Black

Still no resolve with connecting to the hotspot, and staying connected to the hotspot!  Also, still no call back from GoPro tech support!  As a new GoPro user, I can say that their customer support is horrible!  

GoPro

Hi @mcbutters

Is there a case number we can reference to?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

Yes, 06611808.

Also, yesterday found a work around for hotspot issue.  If I run the app on my iPad, I can livestream through my iPhone.  Of course that means I have to carry my iPad AND my iPhone with me.  But the work around is working flawlessly so far!!  Going live later today so hoping for the best!