Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Advice Needed On What To Purchase For Live Stream Hiking

I want to live stream hiking, (I tried with my cellphone and chest mount which was a disaster) but also loved the experience.  I need a GoPro set up that will live stream plus mount to me and have some kind of stablizer (which was my disaster).  Please advise on what to get.  I need this type of hike to be stabled:

https://youtu.be/aSak-Jyzv1Q

Thank you for your help!

GoPro

Re: Advice Needed On What To Purchase For Live Stream Hiking

Hi @loyalvista15042,

I want to share with you the stoke with our latest HERO7 Black camera. This GoPro camera has the following new features, perfect to what you're looking for (click to learn more): Live Streaming, ​HyperSmoothTimeWarp and SuperPhoto.

HERO7 on our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9KDqfpCgws

In addition, here's a link to an article I found online that gives a very thorough product review for HERO7 Black. This will give you more in-depth explanation and examples of the features of HERO7 Black.

Hopefully this helps.

Ann

Tourist

Yes!  It’s perfect!  Thank you!

GoPro

You're awesome, @loyalvista15042! Feel free to post back if anything else comes up.

Adventurer

Almost perfect.

Livestream is with Hotspot not Data.  and limited to resolution. and strength of the    cell  service.  read up on the forums here of some of hte issues people have not to sound down about it.

I rather use my phone and  it has EIS  built in   and can stream without issues.. good luck

but yeah  gopro always ups its game so  stay stoked.

Tourist

BREAKING NEWS: Live Streaming is not supported when you hold the camera upside down. The video shows upside down very ugly on FB.

Hiker

I am the same person as loyalvista who started this thread, resubscribed with GoPro when I purchased the H7 Black yesterday.  So....I have everything I need now, but my problem is now that I have 2 - 24/7 livestreams on my channel, and when I livestreamed with my phone it would create a 3rd livestream, but the H7 wants to override one of my 24/7 livestreams and won't create a 3rd livestream event.  I have contacted support who was not able to answer as to why this is happening, but they did say they would send it up the chain for a solution.  Has anyone else had this issue and been able to resolve it???

Hiker

Live streaming with the gopro is so broken, if I was you I would return the gopro and wait to see if they ever fix it.

So far gopro show no indications of fixing it, its been 6 months of broken live streaming, just look around on this forum.