Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 + VR reframe plugin with multiple clips on a sequence

[ New ]

I have a problem that GoPro VR reframe plugin in Premiere Pro works only on the first clip in/on a sequence.

Once I drop a second clip, only FOV works. Changing any other parameters have no effect on the picture.

I dug out an old thread suggested to enable "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration(open cl)". The problem that it solves this issue, but then it makes all rendered images green/purple. And searching for "green/purple" problem I found the solution is switch GPU acceleration off to Software only....

I hope there is other solution and not only infamous "do not to hold it that way"...

Thanks everyone.

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 + VR reframe plugin with multiple clips on a sequence

[ New ]

Thank you. I guess I am just out of luck with my setup. I have pretty blunt Intel 520 graphics.

I tried Premiere CC 2019 - exactly same behaviour. I guess VR reframe does not work properly with Software rendering, and Insta360 import plugin does not work with hardware rendering on my my card. So the solution is either cough up some funds for newer hardware or use nested sequences (which I am going to do not willing to spend money on this)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

Re: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 + VR reframe plugin with multiple clips on a sequence

[ New ]

This is a very unusual problem to be having.  However since you are using the 2017 version of Adobe Premier I would advise you to update the the latest version of Adobe to see if they have corrected the issue.  Once you are usg the 2019 version of Adobe premier, you'll need to download the new plug-ins which can be found here:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-2-0-beta-update-for-your-gopro-fusion

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you.

But aren't there some problems to make VR reframe to work on CC 2019? While looking for solution to the problem I am having, I came across lots of these CC 2019 complaints :)

Tourist

[ New ]

The thread I am refering to is not that old - about 6 month

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Fusion-VR-plugin-for-Premiere-Pro-partially-working/td-p/1135...

They gave a solution to use GPU, but there are plenty of thread with green/purple rendering and solution is to use software instead of GPU :)

Backpacker

[ New ]

There were problems when Adobe 2019 first came out.  The original GoPro Fusion Reframe Plugin's would not install into the latest version of Adobe Premier 2019.  Some people had thought they came up with a solution regarding copying the plugins from 2017 and manually pasting them into the 2019 program.  This led to a lot of errors regarding the reframe plugins not working properly.  However when GoPro released the Beta Firmware, GoPro Fusion Studio 1.4 and the 2019 Plugin's this issue was solved.  Please refer to the link I posted to install the latest plugins for Adobe 2019.  It also contains the information you'll need for installing them.  BTW I currently have 2018 and 2019 versions of Adobe Premier installed and they both work fine.  So you should be able to keep your 2017 version of the software and run the newer 2019 version (which hopefully has fixes for your issue).

Highlighted
Backpacker

[ New ]

Actually the thread your refering to was started over a year ago and the last update was in 4-20-2018.  The person who originally had the issue actually didn't have a laptop with an independent GPU and ordered one that did.  

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you. I guess I am just out of luck with my setup. I have pretty blunt Intel 520 graphics.

I tried Premiere CC 2019 - exactly same behaviour. I guess VR reframe does not work properly with Software rendering, and Insta360 import plugin does not work with hardware rendering on my my card. So the solution is either cough up some funds for newer hardware or use nested sequences (which I am going to do not willing to spend money on this)