Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Adding an external power source to a Hero 7 Silver

[ New ]

I do a lot of bushwalking and am wondering why my external power source (20,000 mAH) and my Go-Pro keeps cutting out this power supply, only operating on the internal battery, which goes flat during the walk I'm doing.

This happens approx. 2.5 to 3 hrs into the walk, and then, I have to fiddle with the plug and then I get the red power light back on and then I know that im operating on the external battery supply.

And then on some walks it doesnt misbehave and I record all of the walk, so this "power off"is becoming quite annoying. As it will beep to warn me off the power off happening just when you aren't in a position to look at it straight away.

I look forward to your reply and any siggestion you might have so I can rectify this problem.

Thank you for your assistance,

Paul Craddock

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Adding an external power source to a Hero 7 Silver

[ New ]

@crashcrudkick, even though your camera is plugged in, the battery will not charge during recording. It will start charging when you stop recording.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@crashcrudkick, even though your camera is plugged in, the battery will not charge during recording. It will start charging when you stop recording.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for the information it has answered a number of other frustrations I had about my Go Pro.