Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

AGAIN ! always, the fxxxing famous WRONG date of gopro...

[ New ]

hi ALL,

always is the same problem during from the time I use gopro4 and now that I use black 7 is the same...

of course, ad alwyas I try to update the date with mobile and also with the camera but always I return rear in the time to this fxxxxx 2016 01 01 !

Let me know if I can hack this or if I have to pass to another, more serious camera, that this play for childer.

always thanks

GoPro

Re: AGAIN ! always, the fxxxing famous WRONG date of gopro...

[ New ]

Hi @giombg

This usually happens when the camera has not been paired with the app for some time or if the battery has been removed.

Make sure that the camera's date and time are up to date before using it to avoid incorrectly dated files.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

hi aragon1006,

thanks for the reply but as I have just write "alwyas I try to update the date with mobile and also with the camera" the date continue to be wrong in fact, just yesterday, to remedy this, I first refreshed the pair with the mobile, and then to be sure I also checked the date on the gopro which was correct ...
therefore ?

any other suggestion ?

thx

PS] then I do not understand why this site does not read my cookies and I always set myself the German (language I hate) on this forum...

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @giombg

We'll have this checked further.

Can you help us with the following information: SD card, Camera version, GoPro App version, phone and OS version.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi THX,

SD : Samsung 128 EVO Plus ( certified original buyed in shop Suisse )

Version Camera : GoPro Hero 7 Black

Version GoPro Quick : 2.7.0.945

Version GoPro App : 6.19

Version phone : Samsung s20+ 5g

Version OS phone : Android 10 | Kernel 4.19.87-18862671 | build QP1A. 190711.020.G986BXXS4ATGB

it is from 3 releases that even the firsts 4/5? I can't understand ! recordings disappear from registereds and of course the right data set on camera is not maintained, this is absolutely unbearable AGAIN in 2016 :( ! THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT ( of course ) but I SWEAR that if I don't fix these problems ONCE AND FOR ALL TIMES I change camera and we all already know where I'm going ( obviously ) hell this is really too much !

today i went for the first climb with my son and missed the best shots.... NO COMMENT

Gio

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the details that you shared, @giombg. The GoPro app detects the date on the camera when they get connected. It is odd though for the app to still register a wrong date in your example when you made sure that the date was correct on the camera before shooting. 

Does the date on the camera only happen to reset to default when the camera is not used for an extended period of time or goes without a battery for, say, at least 8 hours? If so, this behavior is normal. What's not normal is for the camera's date settings to be back on default when you simply change batteries or turn the camera off for use later on.  

Have you been able to manually update the camera firmware and do a factory reset in an attempt to clear this issue? If you haven't yet, please follow the steps under Manual Update here and these instructions for the reset. 

If the issue persists, let our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs so they can assist you further. Once connected, you can direct them to this thread for reference on what you have tried out so far. Thanks!