Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

A white bubble shield of vapors on the lens

[ New ]

while im was riding and my gopro was on for recording after a while i noticed there was a white coloured shield of vapors just beneath the protective screen  for len i don't know what it is!

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-16 at 16.18.14.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: A white bubble shield of vapors on the lens

[ New ]

Hello, @dynamite489. Were you riding in extreme weather or temperature condition? Could the vapor be fog or condensation? Try removing the battery and keeping the battery door open for a period of time in a low-humidity environment (ensure the camera lens is safe during this time). See if this clears the vapor. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @dynamite489. Were you riding in extreme weather or temperature condition? Could the vapor be fog or condensation? Try removing the battery and keeping the battery door open for a period of time in a low-humidity environment (ensure the camera lens is safe during this time). See if this clears the vapor. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

the vapors disappeared after 30-40sec and i was not in very cold conditions maybe 15-20 degree!

GoPro

[ New ]

Good to know that the vapor disappeared. Please continue to observe your camera and feel free to post back should you have any other concerns or questions. Thanks!