Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

A lot of problems with the gopro 7 silver

[ Edited ]

I purchased a Gopro 7 Silver for my birthday on the 4th of June. I got to open it and use it though almost after a month. 

Since I opened it I encountered only problems. There was not a single day or time, where the camera just functioned as it should. Firstly, the camera would not connect to my google pixel. After a while, it did und updated the software. 

From there on, I have constantly  problems with the connection. It seems that whenever I connect it to my smartphone, it messes up the camera.

I have also the following problems:

1) Screen on the camera is very often freezing and does not react to the long pressing of the button on the right side. After a while it resets itself and I have to enter the time and date which is really annoying. As a result many files have wrong times and dates.

2) Sometimes the camera won't turn off. After the long press of the button on the right, the camera will switch off and then switch on on its own.

3) Battery is running low even when the camera is turned off and sitting in my backpack.

4) After going swimming with the gopro, I very often have static showing in the screen.

5) Sometimes the orientation is wrong. I open the camera to quicksnap a video and it is recording vertically instead of horizontally, although the camera is pointing horizontally at what I want to film.

6) I also had one case where the gopro saved a video in a very very very low quality. I mean like lower than 240p. Even watching it on the camera's screen was hard.

I have taken my camera to media markt where I originally bought it and they said that I should contact Gopro and that they cannot replace the camera back of the time passed.

The camera and the sd card (a gopro approved sc card by the way) have been reseted more than 5 times now.

Since no one is responding in the chat, which I have teried so many times, Gopro please do something. I feel like I threw my money away.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: A lot of problems with the gopro 7 silver

Hi @rafailc00

Sorry for any troubles caused.

Please proceed with a manual software update. https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-silver

This usually clears out any errors that may have been encountered with the previous installation.

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej        

Highlighted
Tourist

I agree with you, I also got the Hero 7 Silver as a gift and since I received it I've always had problems. The update was only possible with Gopro app that only works on recent versions of android, otherwise it was impossible. Even the battery lasts little and you can not change.
It's not worth buying.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @adeptpeak15. We recommend doing a manual update on the camera's firmware. Once done, the camera should connect with the app as usual. The post above from @aragon1006 has the instructions on how the manual update is done. You may also see below for the steps: 

1. Go to the Update page and choose your HERO7 camera.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

When you do the update, please make sure that the camera is fully charged, and that the SD card is formatted. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello, everyone.

I tried to update the Hero 7 Silver manually, following the instructions, but the update failed: the Hero 7 Silver restarted but did not start the update, it always stopped at the request to install Gopro app on your smartphone and follow the instructions. Only through the Gopro app I was able to update it. Basically, without a smartphone the Hero 7 Silver just purchased was useless.

Highlighted
GoPro

Good to hear that your camera has been updated. @adeptpeak15

We'll have this shared to the team.

Feel free to post back if somethings comes up.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Seriously...the camera hasn't worked without a problem since day one. Update, no update is the same sh..t. Orientation gets messed up all the time. I hold the camera vertically and it still sometimes records horizontally. Static in the screen after emersion in water still appears. The camera now freezes more often than before. Then I have to give the time and date which is so annoying. Missed so many great shots because the camera would freeze and then by reopening I could not skip that. Seriously I feel that I wasted my money.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @rafailc00

If you have gone trough the manual update and it's still the same,  please reach out to our Support Team.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs     

Let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej