Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: A lemon?

As I wrote, I have very mixed feelings about Hero 6. It’s great when it works but way too often it has problems it shouldn’t have. I chatted  with Gopro support yesterday and got one more hint. They suggested me to reinstall the firmware once again with the exact SD card I’m using now. I did that and now I’m just hoping it cures all the problems I’ve been having. I reinstalled firmware already once. It didn’t help. After that I bought a new SD card (Sandisk Extreme) . Changing the card model didn’t help either. Reinstalling the firmware with my new approved SD card is the last hope there is. I’ll let you know, how it goes.

Highlighted
Explorer

Best of luck. Glad to hear you are in contact with support. The SanDisk Extreme v30 (with v30 printed on the card) has been the most reliable card for me. If you still have issues after the manual update, let GoPro know and they will exchange the camera.
Highlighted
Adventurer

@tuquoque wrote:

My first post here and I’m also a new H6 owner (one month)

My Hero 6 is not working as you would expect a new product to work. It stops recordings and keeps shutting down by itself. Sometimes it resets to factory defaults by itself. Wifi connection to iPhone keeps dropping, mode changes by itself etc. etc.

I’ve read about these issues and I’ve done all suggested fixes, like reinstalled the firmware, reformatted SD card etc. It still is very unreliable and I haven’t have a single session without one of the mentioned problems. Returning time has passed. What should I do?

Any progress or update?

Highlighted
Hiker

All the hero 6's bells and whistles might be awesome, but when you can't enjoy those bells and whistles reliably for any decent period of time, makes it a FAIL. It appears it will die off as a fail as well since there does not appear to be any focus on fixing it's issues.

Highlighted
Hiker

I just had an everlasting chat with Gopro support. Answered all the questions for the third time. Now they want me to send a video about my Gopro powering up and start recording itself, resetting to factory setting by itself and not connecting with 5kHz wifi.

How the h..ll I’m going to accomplish that??? I guess their answer is to buy another Gopro to watch my original Gopro not working! **bleep** I’m frustrated...

Highlighted
Adventurer

Lol not at you.   wow way to go gopro delaying a customer again ,  

Highlighted
Hiker

During the long chat I managed once to connect to my H6 with 5kHz wifi. Here is how it looks (a screen capture)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/01degzq2vaj0ifs/GoproWifiStream.JPG?dl=0
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for posting back, @tuquoque. It would be best to get this communicated to Support as well so they can continue working on your case. You can refer them to this thread if you would prefer. Best regards!