Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

A few questions about Hero Black 7

Hi ! I'm kinda new to gopro camera and I have a few questions before buying a Gopro Hero Black 7

So here I go :

- What is the max length of recording in one clip ? ( admitting that the battery and the memory is not a problem. To take an example, some camera will allow only 30 min for a single clip, you'll be force to cut and relaunch recording. And some camera will make long clip but cut them in multiple clip of 10 min, loosing a few second each time )

- Can I rec while charging ? ( being on AC load )

To be more precise about what i want to know : Can I make a setup that will allow me to record à single clip, without cut, of 1h or 2h or even more ?

Last but not least, how the Hero Black 7 is dealing with low light ? Like night shot or indoor with bad light ? I haven't seen any example of that kind of shot.

Thank you for reading and your response.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: A few questions about Hero Black 7

[ Edited ]

@blackorwhite75

More or less you answered your questions here

1 Chapters   the bigger these bitrates go the less record time per chapter we get. Hero 6 was 8 -12 minutes. so the Hero 7 isabout the same 8 minutes per 4gb, it still records till the card or battery, but editing must be done and no loss at all done this way.

2 Low light,  having Auto low light on or turning protunes (manual settings) you tweak the cameras  ability to capture. ISO min and max adjust that brightness but can lead to grain if to high.  Low light is  an issue with 1/2.3 sensors and F2 plus higher  stops.

3. Yes you can charge via ac or dc and battery in or out. with the proper cable or cables. you now can use Quick capture while the older was not allowed.

If a demo is needed I do not mind showing   the camera but you get the picture. a great day time outdoor camera as well in the right hands for low light  enjoy.

FISH

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

@blackorwhite75

More or less you answered your questions here

1 Chapters   the bigger these bitrates go the less record time per chapter we get. Hero 6 was 8 -12 minutes. so the Hero 7 isabout the same 8 minutes per 4gb, it still records till the card or battery, but editing must be done and no loss at all done this way.

2 Low light,  having Auto low light on or turning protunes (manual settings) you tweak the cameras  ability to capture. ISO min and max adjust that brightness but can lead to grain if to high.  Low light is  an issue with 1/2.3 sensors and F2 plus higher  stops.

3. Yes you can charge via ac or dc and battery in or out. with the proper cable or cables. you now can use Quick capture while the older was not allowed.

If a demo is needed I do not mind showing   the camera but you get the picture. a great day time outdoor camera as well in the right hands for low light  enjoy.

FISH

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you very much ! It answers my questions ! :)