Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

A car passed over my gopro.

I have a great experience to share. On one recording I had an accident at work and besides hurting myself a little my gopro ended up falling in the middle of the street. I desperately saw that they had cars passing, in a hurry to get it without major problems I almost got hit and sadly a car passed over my Gopro Hero 5. My heart went to pieces, I really was very sad because it is my only possibility of make videos for my channel on youtube on long trips. After the run-in I went to check the conditions of the camera and to my surprise she was fine for a camera that just had a car passing over her. I tried to connect her and one more surprise she even gave a sign of life.

Now I believe even more that gopro is one of the best and toughest cameras !!! Congratulations for this, it is for this and others that I really LOVE GOPRO! <3

Unfortunately, my camera powers on but turns off in sequence. I need a lot of it to produce much of my content. I wonder if I have the possibility to send it somewhere to arrange. I know she will never be the same again, but now it pays off, since I can not afford a new one.

I would like this help GOPRO, what can I do ?!

IMG_6888.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: A car passed over my gopro.

Wow, both you and the camera are very lucky. The first thing I noticed about your image is that the actual lens of the camera is OK, but the lens cover is damaged. You should purchase a new one to replace the current broken one. Search on YouTube for instructions. You should open a Support case to figure out why it won't stay on. Good luck!

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

First  glad you are Alive and okay not worth risking your life for a replacable camera.   Yur story like many others out there  can be told to a representative of Gopro they can then decide what to do if they will replace, to offer you a discount.  Understanding the warranty does not cover accidents, falls, drops, water damage, it will cover failure, fauilty,  defective  cameras. .  

Please call gopro when you are all better and with a clearer conciounce  and tehir number can be found online at the contact us, or use the chat.

Ifall goes well gopro may just replace the camera at no cost, they also have the right to decline and simply offer a discount off a newer model.   It be nice that you return back to your post when all is settled and done and tell us the outcome,

on that note get well soon. 

FISH

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Wow, both you and the camera are very lucky. The first thing I noticed about your image is that the actual lens of the camera is OK, but the lens cover is damaged. You should purchase a new one to replace the current broken one. Search on YouTube for instructions. You should open a Support case to figure out why it won't stay on. Good luck!

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

First  glad you are Alive and okay not worth risking your life for a replacable camera.   Yur story like many others out there  can be told to a representative of Gopro they can then decide what to do if they will replace, to offer you a discount.  Understanding the warranty does not cover accidents, falls, drops, water damage, it will cover failure, fauilty,  defective  cameras. .  

Please call gopro when you are all better and with a clearer conciounce  and tehir number can be found online at the contact us, or use the chat.

Ifall goes well gopro may just replace the camera at no cost, they also have the right to decline and simply offer a discount off a newer model.   It be nice that you return back to your post when all is settled and done and tell us the outcome,

on that note get well soon. 

FISH