Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

8 Black. No support on existing case (Reset date/time)

[ New ]

I have an existing case since March, due to the Hero 8 Black is loosing the date and time and other settings.

Each time I use it, it starts on 2016-01-01 with conflicts and a mess in my archives as a result.

Got an intitial phonecall that i was a sw issue that would be solved with updates. But 6 months latere and several updates, still the same issue.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: 8 Black. No support on existing case (Reset date/time)

[ New ]

Hi @magnusl0. I tried to locate your Support case using the email address that's associated with your Support Hub profile, however, we don't see any recent contact request. You may resubmit another request through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and please do not mark "I want to discuss an existing case" so that a new case will be assigned. You may also try initiating a chat session instead. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that your browser isn't blocking cookies and the pop-up blocker should be disabled. If you run across issues, there are some suggestions provided by a Hub member in this thread that might help.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @magnusl0. If the issue persists, it would be best to continue working with Support. You may submit a new contact request through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .

Tourist

[ New ]

Several attempts to try to get through on the support page. Eiter out of business hours, no response on chat and no callbacks. Also tried to answer on the existing case from the spring by email.

I've had some initial understanding due to Covid, but after 6 months with many attempts... less so.

(YES, the Issue still persists and annoys me every use of the camera)

Tourist

[ New ]
Start chat, only a blank page. Request call "Invalid Captcha" but cant see no captcha form to fill in...
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @magnusl0. I tried to locate your Support case using the email address that's associated with your Support Hub profile, however, we don't see any recent contact request. You may resubmit another request through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and please do not mark "I want to discuss an existing case" so that a new case will be assigned. You may also try initiating a chat session instead. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that your browser isn't blocking cookies and the pop-up blocker should be disabled. If you run across issues, there are some suggestions provided by a Hub member in this thread that might help.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks. The repeated click on chat link helped. Finally got a response with good service.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Magnus, 

On what way is your problem solvent?

Best regards,

Frans

DateAndTime.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]
Actually not at all. Has the same issue on a new MAX. But havent bothered to take it further. Got the MAX I also got subscription, so migth get more attention if I do....
Tourist

[ New ]

Edit...I actually got a new hero 8 from this first case.

The new one had the same issue thougt (and as previously mentioned a new MAX)

The replacement also had a temperature issue...did not work at all in cold temps. Created a new case for that,

But I'm currently reasonably happy....got good support on my MAX when it broke by moist inside.