Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

8 Black Audio Issue

[ New ]

I bought this for my son and he just told me that the audio doesn't work.  I tried a couple factory resets, changing the audio and video settings and wiping the flash card, but nothing works.  I saw on google that some other people have had this same issue.  It sounds like some type of mechanical noise within the camera.  This won't let me attach the video showing the issue, but I can send it to you, if you'd like, just let me know where to email it?  

Thank you,

Greg

GoPro

Re: 8 Black Audio Issue

[ New ]

Hello, @gregododso. Is the no audio issue observed for all recorded videos no matter what the resolution settings used were? Were the videos regular videos and not Time Lapse or TimeWarp ones? Is the camera recording on its own, or with external attachments like the Media Mod or microphones? These details will help isolate the issue. You may send a Youtube/Dropbox/Google drive link to the files. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thank you for your response,

I've tried with 4k and 1080.  There is sound, it sounds like there's a bit of regular sound then this crazy noise comes in everytime.  It's just regular video (not Time Lapse or TimeWarp) and there isn't any external attachments used.  Here's a link to a video showing this issue:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/17y2tGiGlNNU8Gf8vFHQFtSRxB4GiPC9K/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know if the video link doesn't work, or if you need anything else.  

Thank you!

Greg

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the video that you included, @gregododso. This is definitely not an expected result with the camera. It would be best to get in touch with our Support team for assistance on further troubleshooting. When you reach them, you may direct them to this thread for reference. 

To connect with Support, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number.