Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: 7 GoPro Bugs That Are Killing My Productivity (Hero7 Black, Smart Remote, 3.5mm Audio Adapter)

I had a few minutes so I used GoPro's chat support....here's what they say.... I've bolded the key statements...

Thank you for contacting GoPro! My name is Rolly, how can I help you today?

5:06pm

Does the GoPro Hero8 looping mode work with the Media Mod? How do you select which microphone to use when ProTune is disabled in looping mode? If it does work, which microphone is being used.

5:06pm

Thank you for your interest with our product. Let me help you out with your inquiry.

5:07pm

Let me check this one. Please give a minute or two.

5:08pm

Still checking. Please hold.

5:12pm

sure

Thank you.

Thank you for your patience. Looping does work and from their testing, it appears that it's using the media mods mics in stereo setting.

5:18pm

How do I switch it to use only the front mic? Or an external lapel mic?

Let me check.

Thanks for waiting. Upon testing, no it can not work on choosing front mic.

5:22pm

or an external mic?

5:22pm

So looping with media mod and external mic will use external mic

5:23pm

Ok, so are you able to report that as a Bug?

looping doesn't support the front mic or back mic

it only supports stereo mic or external mic

it's also very confusing in the interface since a user cannot see the microphone settings that are selected when in looping mode

5:24pm

It only supports external microphone.

5:25pm

so can you please report this as a bug?

5:25pm

No, there are no protune controls with looping even when it's just the camera.

5:26pm

so can you please report this as a bug? Someone who purchases a media mod expects to be able to use it in all of the modes of the camera. Looping disables the abilities of the media mod. If that is a "feature" it should be documented. If that is not a "feature" then it is a bug.

5:27pm

We apologize regarding this if we have not met the expectation. However, with limited capabilities of the camera, it is designed that way to give way for other internal operation of the camera considering it's size.

5:30pm

So I'm still asking you to report it to the product development team as a bug. Can you please do that?

5:30pm

What I can do is I can go ahead and report this to our team for future enhancements.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: 7 GoPro Bugs That Are Killing My Productivity (Hero7 Black, Smart Remote, 3.5mm Audio Adapter)

Ok so If plug in a Rode shotgun I will be O.K in Looping mode? I hope that is true. Chat is off line to me hear in Canada for some reason.

I think what they are saying might be correct about it defulting to sterio mode. I could see a slight difference in the 2 audio singnals when I modified the audio from sterio to 2 channel mono. The mod mic sounds good if you talk directly into it. I guess it is terrible on a boat on a lake aimed at fisherman standing only 2 to 3 feet way.  

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks Ron for talking to chat about my concerns. Can you test your Rode shotgun with looping mode and post your results?

It would be great to now it works. 

Highlighted
Hiker

No worries.  I was interested and I had the time.  Unfortunately I don't have a shotgun mic to test out for you.  Sorry about that.

Highlighted
Tourist

I will rumage through all my gear and find something to test in the future. Meanwhile back to post. Can you post a link to your YouTube channel. I would like to have a look. Meanwhile I reposted your "Chat" as a new topic. 

Nick

Highlighted
Hiker

Sure....youtube.com/kayakfishingaddict

Highlighted
Tourist

I tested the Media mod with a lav mic. It works in loop mode. The audio is right channel only in a stereo format. I can convert that easily but that might be annoying for some people.  I watched one of your video's Ron, I loved it. It seems GoPro has made their online chat unavailable to Canadians and they still have not responded to my messages. Hey GoPro send Ron free stuff because he is doing your job for you. I would suggest that new video mod for the GoPro Hero 8.