Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

6 mic sound, immersive sound? when, how?

main reason i bought MAX cam was 6 mics immersive surround sound.
How i get it?
I pay for camera allmost a half of month payment. How you allow this big commercial for this sound, if the cam won't record it.
Not even with new firmware 1.4 after a half year.
Fusion had have a great sound with 3 mics. I regret i wasn't bought it, when i borrowed it. I beleived that max with 6 misc would be much better.
please answer.
thank you.
Screenshot_2020-03-04-20-42-52-847_com.android.chrome.jpg
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: 6 mic sound, immersive sound? when, how?

Really the sound is not recorded by the 6 microphones? Smiley Sad

So the 6 microphones are of no use? I hope someone will answer.

Highlighted
Hiker

No. Not works to me. I have settings to 360 sound, and wind settings is off. this is condition. and not works.
here is the guy who shows in deepth and till today they haven't yet fix this bug, or what is for the problem i don't know.
On Fusion you stich the video and sound with 3 mics is great immersive when you spinnig arround vr360 video..
And I bought the Max especialy for music events, where is sound more important then video.
PhotoCollage_20200306_191454809.jpg
Highlighted
Hiker

video from guy I mentioned in previous pist
https://youtu.be/DrFrR5qRYZM
Highlighted
Hiker

...agreed that it is more then embarrasing what gopro is doing to us.....in fact ...they lied  ...and are still lying ...

BUT ... the max itself is really recording 6 channel audio. In fact it is recording 2 channels on a stereo track and additionally a 4ch ambix track.

Wether these are really 6 different mics , or if there are only 4 mics , which will be processed and encoded simultaniously into a stereo and an ambix track....I do not yet know.

But the problem is, that there is no simple software to access that spacialsound. That is the big-false-promise of gopro. They even disabled the feature because of some mysterious problems ...

But , if you are a more experienced computertechnician , then there is a way .

It is, of course , a bit more for people who can handle commandline applications.

Look for ffmpeg in this forum , and you will find some advice.

I for myself can definitely confirm that I have extracted all of my shootings during the last month (until I dropped the max) the 4ch ambix track.

So if I /we can do it, gopro could easyly do it as well ...but why are the not providing us with a solution !?

Highlighted
Hiker

@vr360enthusiast I think it would be better to follow the topic here: your problem is the same and it is useless to keep two similar threads.

In any case, I am very disappointed with GoPro's way of operating: many months have passed and it seems that nothing has been resolved to date. If I was undecided between GoPro MAX and Insta360 OneR, I think the latter is more serious.