Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

5 hours of hell

Bought a GoPro 7 White a month ago. Had a lot of trouble connecting, updating, working with it. But it worked. It was stolen on a trip. 

Bought a GoPro 7 Silver. Connected it to the app. App says I should update. App cannot find internet, which of course was there. Googled solutions. None worked. Some solutions I cannot try of course,  since the idiotic camera does nothing until I update it. Evening spent on internet, instead of recording children playing in the pool which was the plan. BECAUSE OF A RETARDED update which is useless and which I do not want.

Tried manual updating. Downloaded the zip file, unpacked, found a cardreader, copied, put it in the camera. Unspecified errors prevent me from updating.

Downloaded Quik. Made an account. Connected the camera. No matter what I do, it hangs up when I start downloading the update. 

Trashed the camera, deleted the apps. Tomorrow will go buy a chinese one. Came here to the forum to vent some of it. Does not seem to help much.

I usually manage these kind of situations. I did it with 7 White (with time), but this was just too much. 

What an utter piece of crap. 

Goodbye.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: 5 hours of hell

Sorry to hear your troubles. Understand your frustration and all, hope it works out for you.  

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you for understanding, I've rarely been so frustrated with a piece of equipment. I don't even regret my outburst as much as I thought I would, because it really was annoying and also a bit unexpected.
Highlighted
Adventurer

it may be something very simple to  work out.   If I recall did not Apple have  a  table so one can go learn a gopro?