Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: 5 GHz wifi band disappeared from menu in GoPro Max

[ New ]

When you pull up your connections menu, did you try scrolling?

GoPro's are pretty much the same camera sold world wide (default language being the only real change).  So camera connection options aren't removed based upon region, that's controlled by the app once it detects (via GPS on camera or phone) what region you are in as far as I know.  I'm basing this on the fact that I live in the US and had to travel back to Ireland at one stage.  both 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ connection worked fine on my camera's while I was in the US.  As soon as I got back to Ireland though, my connections to the app failed until I changed to 2.4GHZ.  I then found out that 5GHZ wasn't licensed for use in Ireland for communications.  I could switch between the two in camera no problem, but only 2.4GHZ would work with the app.  As soon as I was back in the USA, no problems with 5GHZ.

Hiker

Re: 5 GHz wifi band disappeared from menu in GoPro Max

[ New ]

Thanks for you input @irishmanpdx

Yes, I've tried scrolling and the pictures I posted show all the options I got. 

I've read a post from a guy who purchased his camera in Japan and it's missing the option in the menu, so that's why I assume GoPro can (maybe must?) remove that option in certain countries. And in turn I assume that the refurbished camera I got came originally from one of these restricted countries and somebody forgot to bring that option back. 

Too many assumptions Smiley Frustrated

This is different from your case though. My previous Max and current Hero 9 both work in 5 ghz without issue.