Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

4k upscale feature from gopro player available for Windows?

[ New ]
Hello, support

In the release notes for the gopro player i can see that there is a 4k upscale mode for the Mac software. Do you include the same for the Windows software version?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: 4k upscale feature from gopro player available for Windows?

[ New ]

Hello, @wiljan5560. The Player has to be in Reframe mode. Then go to File, then Export as, and the 4K (Upscaled) option will be there. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

Yes, go to export in the settings then go to advance and it will be there 

Nomad

[ New ]

Tried to find the '4k upscale' in the advanced export settings, but it only says '4k'.

Are you sure that this selection also works for the gopro player Windows version? 

Maybe it's only available for Mac users?

Nomad

[ New ]

Yes as I used it myself, but now when I go into that setting the whole programme keeps crashing. The whole thing is a mess 😶

GoPro

[ New ]

@neon-euc, if you're experiencing the crash issues with the app, please run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. Additionally, make sure to update the app to the latest version and as an alternative, install Visual C++ redistributable 2019 from Microsoft website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads or join the facebook beta program and download our msi that doesn't contains this issue.

Nomad

[ New ]
It used to work just fine and now it doesn't and everything is up to date
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @wiljan5560. The Player has to be in Reframe mode. Then go to File, then Export as, and the 4K (Upscaled) option will be there. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @neon-euc. When does the crashing happen? Is there any particular timeline along the process when it happens? Also, does it matter which file is being reframed/rendered? Thanks!

Nomad

[ New ]

Thanks again for your great support! 

Yes I now found the option of 4K upscale when selecting reframing ;)

So to understand, what is the difference between 4K and the 4K upscale selection?

kind regards, Wil

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @wiljan5560. The 4k upscaling option is a newer resolution for Reframe.  This allows you to capture even more resolution in your Reframe exports.