Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

4k Long videos upload to YouTube

[ New ]

Hi all. I got some long videos on my GoPro, that are fragmented to 10 pieces in 4k res. When I upload them from GoPro Cloud to YouTube I would assume the highest res goes in. But it seems only 1080p gets transferred.

And no, this is not YT processing, unless it takes more than a week for them to adjust 4k res.

SO here are my questions:

1. can long videos in 4k (that gets divided into pieces) can be somehow directly loaded to YouTube? If yes, how?
  2. When I have long material lloaded to GoPro cloud, I can download its 1080p render, or multiple 4k res videos. When I click on it, and select upload - which file it is loading to YouTube?
  3. Is there any fast / efficient way to make one long vid from those fragmented 4k pieces? ANy application on smartphone or PC that can do that?
GP.jpg
Nomad

Re: 4k Long videos upload to YouTube

[ New ]

can long videos in 4k (that gets divided into pieces) can be somehow directly loaded to YouTube? If yes, how?

Yes, simply copy the files directly to your PC and then upload them to YouTube.  You can use the GoPro USB cable or an SD card reader to copy the files.  Then you will have your multiple GoPro files uploaded to YouTube at 4K.

When I have long material lloaded to GoPro cloud, I can download its 1080p render, or multiple 4k res videos. When I click on it, and select upload - which file it is loading to YouTube?

What is "IT"?  When you click on what?  You should know what you're clicking on and uploading. 

Is there any fast / efficient way to make one long vid from those fragmented 4k pieces? ANy application on smartphone or PC that can do that?

Working with 4K will always take time, so you either want 4K quality for your video which will take time, or a lower quality video which will be faster.  Just about any competent video editor will export 4K (Premier Pro, DaVinci Resolve etc).  Power Director for Mobile will also export at 4K.  

Tourist

Re: 4k Long videos upload to YouTube

[ New ]
@irishmanpdx wrote:

can long videos in 4k (that gets divided into pieces) can be somehow directly loaded to YouTube? If yes, how?

Yes, simply copy the files directly to your PC and then upload them to YouTube.  You can use the GoPro USB cable or an SD card reader to copy the files.  Then you will have your multiple GoPro files uploaded to YouTube at 4K.

When I have long material lloaded to GoPro cloud, I can download its 1080p render, or multiple 4k res videos. When I click on it, and select upload - which file it is loading to YouTube?

What is "IT"?  When you click on what?  You should know what you're clicking on and uploading. 

Is there any fast / efficient way to make one long vid from those fragmented 4k pieces? ANy application on smartphone or PC that can do that?

Working with 4K will always take time, so you either want 4K quality for your video which will take time, or a lower quality video which will be faster.  Just about any competent video editor will export 4K (Premier Pro, DaVinci Resolve etc).  Power Director for Mobile will also export at 4K.  

What is "IT"? When you click on what? You should know what you're clicking on and uploading. 

•  see attached screen to initial post - I'd assume its 4k

Yes, simply copy the files directly to your PC and then upload them to YouTube. You can use the GoPro USB cable or an SD card reader to copy the files. Then you will have your multiple GoPro files uploaded to YouTube at 4K.

• the thing is I dont want a multiple videos, I want it full lenght in 4k, and that seems to be not avaliable

Working with 4K will always take time, so you either want 4K quality for your video which will take time, or a lower quality video which will be faster. Just about any competent video editor will export 4K (Premier Pro, DaVinci Resolve etc). Power Director for Mobile will also export at 4K

• Im looking for something else than advanced editor options. I just want to stich it together, not to render new res or add anything new. So thats not really helping using these tools for that sole purpose