Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: 4k 60Fps GXO files not viewable after import

I tried that but even if you use the Normal setting it doesn't convert exactly at 4K 60fps, which means that Handbrake is fairly useless for high end video editing.

Highlighted
Explorer

What does it convert to?
Highlighted
Tourist

1080 MP4

The best one I found is iSkysoft Media Converter Pro. About $40 App Store.

4K to 4K

However, the big problem is GoPro studio doesn't support it, FCP doesn't and even Photoshop. So you have to spend hours after a shoot converting before you even see your vids (you can play back through the camera).

What a stupid move by GoPro for a camera it sells to mainly general consumers. Is everyone going to go out and buy a high end model 2017 computer now because they just got a GP6?

Highlighted
Backpacker

[ Edited ]

hi,

you can imagine we all that we have non Win10 OS, we all are affected, and we do not like it.

played a little with the HanfBrake.

create your own template:

here is mine:

first, the result: ---almost the same size, same 4K, same rate

Capture.JPG

here are the settings:

after choosing the file.

1. close those presets from the right pane, leave Legacy and chose the High Profile

- nothing to change here in tab Picture, recognize the size from the file chosen

with the mouse over a setting, you will have a popup window with help....

Capture1.JPG

2. select Video tab

make the settings I depicted

- codec H.264

- FPS - same as source

- Constant Framerate

- Optimize video - I slide it to Slower 

- Quality - I slide it to 20 - it's logarithmic scale....

Capture2.JPG

3. save the settings for future use

- will be listed in "User presets"

Capture3.JPG

hope this helps

robert

Highlighted
Explorer

Thanks for taking the time to put this together Robert. I'm sure it will be appreciated and helpful to many people.
Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, thank you. I did get some good results from Handbrake after also playing with the settings similar to what you did.

Highlighted
Tourist

Getting all these badges and crap is fine but we still haven't heard a word on anyone from Go Pro on this forum.

it has been explained but not really resolved as I currently have to convert every video frame I shoot with the GP6.

FCP, GP Quik and GP Studio can't read anything I shoot. So, as a dealer for Go Pro, I cannot honestly promote this camera.

It is pretty useless to the general consumer.

What was GP thinking releasing a camera that doesn’t allow people to play back their vids? What good is 4K at 60fps if I can’t see a single frame?

Don’t mail me explanations about the coding.

What I need from GP is “We have your Back. We now have a program that allows everyone to play this back, regardless of the age of their computer. Download here”.

That’s how YOU resolve this.

Right now what I get from GP is that they no longer support studio, Quik only works on some systems and then I get links explaining what HECV is. 

GoPro, a program that allows everyone to play high end back, regardless of the age of their computer. Right now I am going to tell my customers to forget the GP6 and get the GP5 id they want a new GP.

Highlighted
Backpacker

I just want to tell you a little story....

back in 2014 in July (when I was a DSLR addicted Smiley LOL...now I am a GoPro addicted...Smiley Wink) ....Nikon D810 was released, was a test session in the showroom.

I proudly came home, with my SD card full of RAW files, and I tried to open those RAW files.... each was huge 70-90MB ....

no way, my laptop was not able to open them at that time, neither Adobe nor ViewNX2 (Nikon photo editor) were able to open them.

took a while until Adobe and Nikon release the proper codecs to open that files for the new flagship

but.... I never was able to open those RAW's...my laptop was not capable to deal with such images, GPU was not powerful enough...

september 2014 came, and D750 was on the market.

as I decide to switch to FX, I had to choose between D810 and D750

I choose D750 because my laptop was not able to open D810's uncompressed RAW files

and guess what?!??!? took a while until Adobe and Nikon release the proper codecs to open D750 RAW files....

what I want to stress is, to align all post-processing and organizing tools take time...still Win8 natively cannot deal with h.265 HEVC codecs.... 

robert