Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

4k 30fps + Hypersmooth + wideview + Quick capture = Fail

Thats it, i just bought the camera two days ago and im testing it the first thing i notice when i connected to my phone was an update warning so i decided to update (1.51 I guess), and then i tried its new features, so i came in to the HS one and that's awesome BUT if you try this setup 4k 30fps 16:9 wideview + HS auto + Quick Capture when the camera turns on and starts recording the HyperSmooth is NOT enable, for that instance you NEED to turn the camera on MANUALLY and then hit recording, it only happens with this settings if you try changing any other setting the HS will works.

Am i the only one experiencing this issue? i tryed to update manually but still the same

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: 4k 30fps + Hypersmooth + wideview + Quick capture = Fail

Hello @eltoffer

Good catch! My I know how you determined whether Hypersmooth was enabled or not? Will you be able to post a sample video for comparison and for a closer look? Hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank for your reply @mariustanya it was easy to notice that as i said i did some test of the camera and inmeadatly i notice this issue when doing this steps, but for your attention there you have a quick video i just made, it is not necesary to do it on movement (which results in a clearly no hypersmooth usage) just look the image crop.

Thanks hope soon you will fix this.

P.S. it would be awesome if you add the possibility to change the 4 quick accses options in setting (voice command, sound, quick capture, lock screen) to whatever we may need, i think it would come handy.

Highlighted
Tourist

isnt any one else noticed this? come on this is the "high" feature on this camera and its not working as its supposed to

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the additional details you provided, @eltoffer. Appreciate you including sample video and pictures. We will replicate the issue on our end and will work with the team on this. 

On your post script, it would be awesome to have such ability to customize the quick access functions. We will submit this to the team as a suggestion. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the exact same issue, but this time at 1080p 60fps. If i use Quikcapture, the video is not stabilized. But if I manually turn on the camera, and then press the shutter button, the video is stabilized.

I have here a video i took where I turned on the camera and then pressed the shutter button. As you can see its very stabilized, even through speed humps - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcGAlAOEeYM&t=103s

This on the hand is a video i shot via quikcapture. same settings at 1080p 60fps with hypersmooth enabled (but not working for whatever reason). you will see me go over speed bumps and the camera just bounces, unlike the 1st video - https://youtu.be/IqIAHh6oz9E

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Raw unedited video Settings are as follows: 1080p 60 fps Wide FOV Hypersmooth Enabled Protune On Shutter Auto WB Auto Sharpness HIgh Color Flat RAW Audio Off...
Highlighted
Tourist

Just as well i`m not the only one noticing this issue, hope we will soon get an update addressing this 🙌🏻🙌🏻

thnaks @servo101 for your reference 

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you, @servo101. We have reported this to the team. We will keep you posted.