Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

3rd Party Battery Charger for Hero6?

Hi All!

We are planning on get a Hero6 very soon and want to make sure that we have everything that we need.  I've read all of the posts in regards to using 3rd party batteries and how they may not work after a new firmware update so I plan to buy official batteries.  However, is there any reason that a 3rd party battery charger should not be used to charge the GoPro batteries?  I see some double chargers for $15 on Amazon.  I would rather buy that along with the $30 battery rather than pay $70 for one battery and official charger unless of course it could damage my battery.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: 3rd Party Battery Charger for Hero6?

The difference is going to be if something happens to your battery or charger GoPro will not warranty it if you are using 3rd party. If you stick with GoPro OEM products they will stand by it and replace damaged items under warranty.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: 3rd Party Battery Charger for Hero6?

The difference is going to be if something happens to your battery or charger GoPro will not warranty it if you are using 3rd party. If you stick with GoPro OEM products they will stand by it and replace damaged items under warranty.