Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

360 footage Pixelated

My Fusion 360 footage is pixelated once exported. I've tried all the settings on Gopro software. Bought Adobe Premium Pro and receive that exact same results. Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: 360 footage Pixelated

So straight off I notice that the highest resolution that YouTube is giving me to watch the video is 1080P @ 60FPS.  So first thing I'd do if I were you is check your export settings in Premier Pro.  With your GoPro Hero 3, remember, you're trying to record a small windowed view of the world and play it back in 1080P, so that will look great.  With the GoPro Fusion, you're trying to capture a 360 degree view and then spread it out at 1080P resolution, this is going to result in a lot of loss of quality (which appears to be what I'm seeing).

As you've stated, the picture quality looks fine before export, so it's not your camera that's at fault, it's the export settings.

As danielr15 already pointed out, you need to make sure you're recording at the highest resolution possible & rendering at the highest resolution (and bitrate) possible.  It might help if you post a screen shot of the settings you are using in Premier Pro when exporting.    

danielr15 also pointed out there's some stitching issues visible, but to me, that looks like stitching issues caused by having dirty lenses on the camera from all the trail riding.  You probably have some minor mud splashes on the lenses which is causing a few abnormalities.  I'd suggest taking a break every few moments (if possible) to clean the lenses with a soft clean microfiber cloth.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Can you post a picture or a video to youtube and link it here that shows the issue that you're having?  

Does the raw footage look pixilated on your PC?

What about when it's exported from GoPro Fusion Studio?

What export settings are you using in Adobe Premier Pro?  I would advise against using their recommended "youtube" settings as the bit rate is far too low.  I would manually adjust the bitrate when exporting from Premier pro to about 21  - 23.  Also make sure you are using a constant bitrate instead of a variable bit rate.

Highlighted
Tourist

Unfortunetly I'm at work and can't post any footage. The footage looks fine before export. I've tried all the export settings on Fusion with the same result.

I'm new to Premier Pro and will try the settings you suggested.

Will let you know hwo I go, cheers for the advice!

Highlighted
Tourist

Following your advice, it is definantly better but still pixelated any other ideas?

Highlighted
Tourist

Highlighted
Tourist

Sorry mate, problems with the internet disregard last link. Try this one. https://youtu.be/JgTcrgq9OOA
Not so pixelated now but really grainy and not as sharp as I would expect. Compared to my Hero 3, it's rubbish.
Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

This is definitely not the quality you should be getting.
1) What resolution/fps did you record with?
2) Protune On/Off
3) Fusion Studio Export Settings
4) When you watch the video, exported from Fusion Studio (not Adobe Premiere), how does it look?
5) If the video looks good prior to going into Premier, then increase your bitrate. YouTube recommends the following:
Resolution: 5120 x 5120 and up to 8192 x 8192 (if under 5K, use the maximum possible resolution)
Frame rate: 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94
Format: MP4, MOV
Codec: H.264, ProRes, DNxHR
H.264 Bitrate: 150 - 360Mbps
Audio: AAC (for spatial, visit YouTube spatial audio requirements)
Moov Atom: Write at start of file

I personally use variable rate when exporting. I do a two pass with Target usually around 60 and a Max 120. Fusion records in a variable bitrate, so I really think your hurting the output with a constant bitrate export.

I did notice some abnormalities in your stitch line as well. What are your computer specs?
1) Processor (include cores)
2) RAM
3) GPU
4) Storage (if more than one drive list drive media stored on and media exported to).

Highlighted
Nomad

So straight off I notice that the highest resolution that YouTube is giving me to watch the video is 1080P @ 60FPS.  So first thing I'd do if I were you is check your export settings in Premier Pro.  With your GoPro Hero 3, remember, you're trying to record a small windowed view of the world and play it back in 1080P, so that will look great.  With the GoPro Fusion, you're trying to capture a 360 degree view and then spread it out at 1080P resolution, this is going to result in a lot of loss of quality (which appears to be what I'm seeing).

As you've stated, the picture quality looks fine before export, so it's not your camera that's at fault, it's the export settings.

As danielr15 already pointed out, you need to make sure you're recording at the highest resolution possible & rendering at the highest resolution (and bitrate) possible.  It might help if you post a screen shot of the settings you are using in Premier Pro when exporting.    

danielr15 also pointed out there's some stitching issues visible, but to me, that looks like stitching issues caused by having dirty lenses on the camera from all the trail riding.  You probably have some minor mud splashes on the lenses which is causing a few abnormalities.  I'd suggest taking a break every few moments (if possible) to clean the lenses with a soft clean microfiber cloth.