Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

360 Videos starts at 270 degrees

[ New ]

Hi all

Just recently brought my Go Pro Max to make 360 videos. One thing I noticed when I was making test footage was, I noticed all my videos start at a angle of 270 degrees. For examlple, if I had the front camera pointing north, the video will show the footage at North West.

Its really annoying and ive gone through a lot of the settings on the Go Pro Max and I cant figure out why its doing this?

GoPro

Re: 360 Videos starts at 270 degrees

[ New ]

Hi @redblaze0717

What version is the camera on?

What are the settings used?

How is the camera set up?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

The version according to the app in the settings page is:

H19.03.02.00.00

The settings Iam using is in 360 Video, which it says on the camera display. Res is: 5.6k | 30 FPS

I havent touched any protune settings

Hope that covers most of it.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @redblaze0717. Is this observation true for all the 360 videos captured by your MAX? Does it matter which resolution settings are used? How did you access/view the videos? Was the issue observed when viewing the media on the Quik App, or the GoPro Player? These details will help isolate the issue further. We hope to hear back from you. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya 

Thanks for your response.

This is on all resoultions settings.

I access the video in a few ways. The Quik app and using that app to download the video to my phone.

Havent used the GoPro player. Is there a setting or feature that could setup the angle correctly?

Its really strange to see the angle is always point West. I actually contacted GoPro about this issue. They sent me a replacement as they thought there was something wrong with the unit. But again, having the same problem :(

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @redblaze0717

You may check the steps on How to Render Videos in the GoPro Player

Let us know how it goes with the desktop apps.

Thanks!

Ej