Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

360 Max record times

[ New ]

I get in total you can store so much video time on a sd card say for example a total of 2 hrs worth of footage on a 64gb card.

My question however is how muct time in one recording can you do on the Max..?

On my other 360 camera in max settings 5.7k @30fps it will only record a maximum time of 30 minutes before it physically stops recording, saves it then starts to record again. This leaves a gap in between where there is lost footage.

On 4k res at 30fps it's a max record time of 90 minutes.

Can someone please tell me what the Hero Max times are as I would like a longer record time?

Nomad

Re: 360 Max record times

[ New ]
With MAX, how long can I record with a 64gb SD card?

Where does it apply?
MAX

Answer

Recording time will vary according to the resolution setting used and the card capacity. Here are the average recording storage times for the MAX with a 64GB SD card.

NOTE #1: You can multiply or divide the amount of time relative to your SD card size. 

NOTE #2: These are not battery life estimates, these are storage capacity estimates for the SD card.  

Shooting Mode Resolution Frame Rate High Bitrate (Hr:Min) Low Bitrate (Hr:Min)
3605.6K302:00NA
3605.6K242:00NA
3603.6K602:00NA
HERO1440601:271:50
HERO1440302:223:17
HERO1440242:223:17
HERO1080602:223:17
HERO1080302:223:17
HERO1080242:223:17

Please note, that once your file hits 4GB in size, the file will be closed and a new file created, this is called chaptering and it's a normal function of the GoPro camera.  These files can be joined together to form 1 seamless video using any competent video editing program.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for this.

This have given me confidence the Max can do what I need.

Could you link me to any tutorials on editing software and how to export the files etc if you have them. I have the full adobe suite and will use it on desktop. I am not an app person :-)

Hiker

[ New ]

If you're using Premiere this is the best tutorial for you! This is what got me started and what I still use today. https://youtu.be/t2AVZNkPgu0

This is a walkthrough of the new plug-in for reframing 360 content: GoPro FX Reframe for Adobe Premiere & After Effects. Skip ahead to a specific part below:...
Tourist

[ New ]

I forgot to say thanks....