Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

30fps looks robotic

Hello!

I just upgraded from my Gopro hero 4 to a Gopro hero 7 black. I am on holiday now and filming in 2,7k 30fps. When I download my footage to my phone it looks a little robotic (I dont know how to describe it otherwise). The footage looks crystal clear and beautiful (with hypersmooth) but it has a strange robotic appearance. It's not obvious and the video runs smooth, but when you take a close look it's kind of robotic, very strange. When I film 2,7k 60fps it's not robotic anymore. Is it possible to see this difference? I always thought you dont see it and 30 fps is totally fine (if I dont want to use slowmotion). My phone can handle the footage that's not the problem.

The other settings I use:
POV: linear
Stabilization: auto
Protune on
Shutter: auto
Ev: 0
White balance: auto
Iso min: 100
Iso max: 400
Sharpness: medium
Color: gopro

Does anybody have an idea what this problem can be?
Adventurer

Re: 30fps looks robotic

LRV files on the phone     what does it look like on the camera, and if you can gett oa tv or laptop?

Hiker

Thanks for your quick reply!

Because the camera is so tiny it's difficult to see, but it seems the same. Laptop seems less robotic but still a little (30fps). Still, 60fps is totally fine (while that file is larger), how is that possible?
GoPro

Hello @coolpeak80866. If by robotic you meant choppy playback, see if this could be related to the computer's ability to process data of large high definition video files fast enough. There are tips and troubleshooting steps here that will help correct the issue. Let us know what you find out. Thanks! 

Hiker

@mariustanya thanks for replying! No it's not choppy it just seems like the framerate is very low (although its 30). Today I filmed in 2,7k 60fps and all the footage is perfectly fine on my phone. Still didn't figure out what the problem is but I guess I just keep filming in 2,7k 60fps. since I'm mostly filming in sunlight.
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Pleasedo provide a sample video. so we can see the issue. if you are using   for example a auto low light the camera is choosing it and dropping frames, also the same with Protunes.     maybe you are seeing the  speed of the frames more then others?  maybe the Hypersmooth is causing the  lag who knows.

added note when I say Hypersmooth are you panning and seeing the robotics on Fw 1.20 we had stutter and that was the Ram/Rom of the camera's processor that was fixed...

Hiker

How can I share a video on this forum?

I am very curious if you can see it in my footage too.
Adventurer

how do you share to the World, youtube.   go   c/p the url to here. or use dropbox.