Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

2nd Hero5 black Leaks again

first hero 5 leaked in 5m of water, go pro sent me another one. took it in 2ft of water BRAND NEW, leaked and bricked the camera. this is by far the saddest piece of garbage ive ever owned. Why did you continue to sell and advertise a product that did nothing what it was advertised to do? Theres thousands of incidents of this and what do you do? Just sent them another paperweight and ignore everyone.

Solid support, im sure this will be deleted pretty quick but maybe some people will see it.

Explorer

Re: 2nd Hero5 black Leaks again

[ Edited ]

Well, your wrong about GoPro deleting your post. That is not something they do unless you use profanity, insult/attack other member's in your post, or are otherwise inappropriate in your post. Sorry to hear you have had trouble with your camera(s). I've been using a HERO5 Black for three years now in the ocean for surfing and diving and have never had an issue with waterproofing. I suggest you continue to work with the GoPro Support Team. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Adventurer

@fastapex1485 

Hero 5 Ambrella  cmera isdiscontinued. they are on a Hero 7 with a gp1 1st gen chip. be a shocker if they  created a 2nd gen cip Lol?   Hero 7 has hte better   waterproofing. but yet it still leaks, why?

I suggest talking to gopro continue to use yuor plus pkg if not request one if you are Dunking. what i do if I EVER Dunk mine.  Ask Dan he got hte plus Pkg, I believe?  Then you got not a ting to worry bout.  hope I am on thegopro.com support site and not A FORUM.. yes this is a forum  we can talk, talk, and talk, but hte real action is at the Rep or chat.

Explorer

Yes, I have GoPro Plus. I do so much recording the auto upload cloud service has been awesome for me. As far as waterproofing, none of my GoPro cameras have issue in water (HERO5 Black, HERO6 Black, HERO7 Black). I was just at the beach with my kids yesterday using them in the ocean in fact. No issues. However, I do like the fact that I'm covered for up to two camera replacements a year with GoPro Plus. Allows for a little more hap-hazard wear and tear on the cameras :)

We'll see if GoPro develops a G2 chip. It's really more to do with if SOCIONEXT has advanced their technology than GoPro. The GP1 still has features that haven't been utilized yet, so I'm not sure it's really necessary. More likely GoPro will upgrade the motherboard, RAM, and Chipset to support the GP1 so they can fully utilize it's potential. They are working on advanced Sensor and lens technology, so this is most likely where the HERO8 improvements will come from.
Adventurer

look on the Net here is a 32 in the ocean  hero 5   so is it an issue wit hALL no, is it an issue with Users Yes. is it an issue with both the User and gopro hmm    do not think so.

My car leaks I have no clue why water comes in.     I left my windows  andsunroof open  t oair out and its soaking wet......