Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

256gb and 512gb SanDisk extreme error / GoPro Hero 8

[ New ]

Hello! 

My problem is that whatever I do, the 256 GB and 512 GB cards are not working on GoPro hero 8 black. (Both cards are Sandisk extreme)

It started with trying to format a 256 GB card on a GoPro, waited an hour and let it go. I formatted it for windows 10 by unchecked the quick format and choosing the exFAT format. In the meantime, I installed the update on my GoPro. After the format, the card still didn't work, but I read earlier that it might speed up the GoPro format so I turned it on. Waited 17 hours and nothing ... I also have an Sandisk Ultra 32 GB card which works fine.

I didn't give up and found a recommendation for the 'SD Memory Card Formatter' program, but after the format in this program, still no changes. '0:00' in the upper left corner, after a while 'SD ERR' and information that only the card format will do something.

I would like to emphasize that the card works both on the computer and on the phone. I have no problems with it anywhere, except in GoPro ...

I tried two more things, change the size of partition to about 60 GB, but still the same and I tried to change the 'Allocation unit size' to different values, but still nothing.

I have the same problem with the 512 GB card

Both cards are new, so mechanical damage is eliminated even more because it works on any other device

GoPro Version Number: 02.01

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: 256gb and 512gb SanDisk extreme error / GoPro Hero 8

[ New ]

Hello @grzegorzŻ02

Please check the specification of the cards you are using.

Here is a list of cards that work best with the HERO8 Black.

You may also check NO SD or SD ERR on Camera's LCD

Also, for larger capacity SD cards, we recommend formatting the card on a computer.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: 256gb and 512gb SanDisk extreme error / GoPro Hero 8

[ New ]

Hello @grzegorzŻ02

Please check the specification of the cards you are using.

Here is a list of cards that work best with the HERO8 Black.

You may also check NO SD or SD ERR on Camera's LCD

Also, for larger capacity SD cards, we recommend formatting the card on a computer.

Thanks!

Ej