Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

256 GB SD Card prob no prob with 128GB

I've bought two 256GB extreme pro memory cards for my gopro hero 8. both work in my laptop. The first one i could get out of the SD Error. Couldnt fornat in Gopro. got new one looked like it worked but first recording was currupted and now i cant get it to record for more than 6 seconds without prob. I've formated on PC both of them. I also have a 128gb sansdisk that is a few years old that doesnt seem to have any problems. Any help? because i'd like to have more memory in there. Thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: 256 GB SD Card prob no prob with 128GB

Hello, @loyalpike12442. Is your Extreme PRO card this type SanDisk Extreme PRO (UHS-1 U3 / V30) A2 256GB? If so, there should not be an issue with using it in the camera. Have you been able to format the cards on a computer prior to introducing them to the camera? 

If you continue to get the same error, try manually updating the camera firmware to make sure there are no errors associated with firmware. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. 

Should you continue to observe the same issue even after the update, let our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs so they can assist you with th next steps. 

Highlighted
Nomad

I use a 512GB SD (Samsung EVO Select 512GB microSDXC UHS-I U3 / V30 100MB / s) without any problems!
So it can't be because of the size ... The SD card was formatted with the GoPro? The specifications (UHS-I U3 V30) also fit?
What firmware does the camera have (currently 1.6)?
Standard instruction of the support (manual update, factory reset) already carried out?

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, I'm pretty tech savy. I just got the gopro for my birthday and bought these memory cards because they were on the approved list. Formatted many times even did a long format. all seems ok on a computer. just tried the two memory card. update failed manually on both...

Highlighted
Tourist

Yeah I've done everything it seems. just tried the manul update and didn't work... everything is brand new so idk whats up.

Highlighted
Nomad

Did you format the cards in the camera before use?  You said you formatted them in your pc but did you then go and format them in the camera to set up the file structure for use with the camera?

Highlighted
Tourist

yep. ive formated. one of the 256 cards wont let me format in camera. the other seems to work fine untill i record. it can even do short videos sometimes before it freezes and says sd error