Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

2021 Feature Suggestion: Customization, Walking Mode Stabilization, etc..

[ New ]

STABILIZATION - WALKING STILL SHOWS UP AND DOWN 

1) Want to be able to moust gopro on front of backback or chest (to hide it), but we need to get rid of the walking (up and down motion)

Don't want to hold my to hands out to hold it or hold a stabilizer.  You guys are close, maybe a more aggressive stabilizing walking mod!??  Please...!!  

SHOW NAME OF GOPRO ON SCREEN - (IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE GoPro's)

1) List the gopro NAME on the back of the gopro menu

GOPRO MENUS 

1) Allow to hide menus we don't use?  Like if I don't use "photo" menu don't want to accidently press it.

2) Allow to name our own video MODE: Standard, Activity, Slo-Mo, and our cutoumized names.. edit on iphone?

3) Allow us to change the font sizes using the app

Hiker

Re: 2021 Feature Suggestion: Customization, Walking Mode Stabilization, etc..

[ New ]

+1 on all the topics you mentioned. The ability to name the cameras (item 2) when you have multiple cameras is something I really would like to have first!

Hiker

[ New ]

They are having issues with basic functionality and you want them to start adding up features and customizations?

The stabilizations is already too aggresive as is and only causes low light issues to be more apparent.

The only thing that would help is opening up the camera to modders community.  They need to stop behaving like Apple and give their customers the freedom to do whatever they want with THEIR camera.

It would be a win win situation, as there would be increased chances of fixing most of the bugs, having plethora of customizations at hand and satisfied customers .

GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate the insight as it can help us build a better experience with our products. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Nomad

[ New ]

SHOW NAME OF GOPRO ON SCREEN - (IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE GoPro's)

1) List the gopro NAME on the back of the gopro menu

If you're using a GoPro Hero 7,8,9 or Max, you can use the GoPro Labs firmware to flash a custom logo on your camera upon start up, so you can have a camera name or number, or your contact details (if the camera gets lost or stolen).  You can also burn in overlays onto your footage to identify your camera.

GOPRO MENUS 

1) Allow to hide menus we don't use?  Like if I don't use "photo" menu don't want to accidently press it.

You can use the GoPro Labs firmware to lock out your camera so it shoots video only.