Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

2.7k/120 fps/linear not available at slow-mo preset, only wide..

I have just noticed that when going to the slow-mo preset on my GoPro Hero8 I am not able to film 2.7k at 120fps in linear mode, only wide. The strange thing is, when I go to the 'standard' preset, I AM able to put it at 2.7k/120fps/linear.. How is this possible? Why is this not an option at the slow-mo preset itself, what it would most likely be used for anyway (=slow-mo)?

Another thing is that I don't seem to be able to film at 4k at the slow-mo preset at all.. Again, if I choose the 'standard' preset I am able to shoot for example 4k at 60 fps (linear, wide and superview)...

Shouldn't these two settings be able at the slow-mo preset? Should I use the 'standard' preset when I want to shoot 4k slow-mo at 60 fps or 2.7k at 120 fps linear? That doesn't make sense, these options should be able at the slow-mo preset!

Why is this?

Thanks for any advice, help and thoughts on this!

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: 2.7k/120 fps/linear not available at slow-mo preset, only wide..

Notall feaatures are allowed if a request for linear for slo mo, it's bestto do it here as well.

Highlighted
Tourist

Alright but why would it be possible at the standard preset, I mean what are the exact differences? I believed the everything at those presets is just the same other than the changes you apply to the setting yourself, so why would it be possible to film for example 4k at 60 fps while at the slow-mo preset you're not able to?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @db7hero8

Selecting 2.7K/120 fps will only allow a Wide FOV.

Changing the settings on the STANDARD preset will also revert to Wide.

See HERO8 Black - Video Settings and Resolutions for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Ej thank you you're right!

At the slow-mo, once set to 2.7k the lens option is not available at all no more (dark colored, unclickable) and it will says wide. At the standard this isn't the case, however it DOES set it to wide automatically.

One thing though: I still wonder why 4k isn't available at all at the slow-mo preset, while at the standard preset, it is possible to film at 60 fps in 4k...this should be available at the slow-mo preset as well right? Why can I not seem to film in 4k at all at the slow-mo preset?

Highlighted
Adventurer

Maybe hte GP-1 chip  is part of the issue? ca not handle it?  Just saying

Highlighted
Tourist

I see, but if so, then why would it be able to shoot that at the standard preset?