Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

1 week with MAX. Camera? Good. Software? Garbage.

My new MAX showed up a week ago. Shooting with it is amazing. The form factor and the controls are perfect.

The problem is that I can't actually do anything with it because the software options are complete garbage.

• The GOPRO MAX Exporter software to convert 360 footage won't render more than 60 seconds without corrupted footage. There's no other options to edit and convert the 360 files. 
  • The software only supports CINEFORM which is great if you want 6GB files for 60 seconds of footage.
  • Want to edit the footage in Premiere? 
  • The quality of the edits from the phone app are marginal at best.
  • The old FUSION software which does work won't recognize the MAX
  • There is no night mode
  • No options for raw files either

GoPro. You can do better. We need new firmware and usable software yesterday.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: 1 week with MAX. Camera? Good. Software? Garbage.

hey agree with you. Camera looks nice and handy...  but actual menus, soft and usage is just garbage. No decent support for windows (max exporter is unfinished, Player / reframe only for mac, Android app sucks...) 

Why launching a cam without proper soft to use it ? This MAX has another bad KARMA..... 

Don't buy.  This things will end up in your  tech gar(b)age.

Highlighted
Tourist

I am having this same problem and it is very frustrating. I am going to try and return it before I am stuck with it. Then maybe I will get it after the softwares have been improved where I can use it effectively. Very upsetting that I take the leap to go for the more expensive camera because of this extra feature and I am unable to use it. 

Highlighted
Hiker

I believe your issue with the Exporter app is due to your computer. Can I ask what your PC specs are? I agree Cineform is the best option for lossless files but they can be extremely large and will eat up a lot of HD space. GoPro rushed the Max out without thinking about the overall user experience for the average consumer.

This is how a big company loses it's reputation and customers in the long run when other companies enter in the market with better options.
Highlighted
Hiker

Win10, 32GB of Ram, 4TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti.

Highlighted
Hiker

hmm definitely not your PC. I'm running windows 10 as well with 32GB DDR and i7 9700 chip and I convert the 360 files with no issues. 

Maybe a conflict with certain files? It could be any number of reasons. If you haven't already, try uninstalling and re-installing. It may or may not help.

Highlighted
Tourist

I agree with you, the camera is nice but everything else is a disaster, to bad for such a capable product.

Highlighted
Hiker

Fusion was like this at launch too.  ZERO communication from @GoPro 

At least we had Fusion studio. Why they couldn't have just integrated this product into Fusion studio is beyond me.