11-02-2019 02:35 PM
My new MAX showed up a week ago. Shooting with it is amazing. The form factor and the controls are perfect.
The problem is that I can't actually do anything with it because the software options are complete garbage.
- The GOPRO MAX Exporter software to convert 360 footage won't render more than 60 seconds without corrupted footage. There's no other options to edit and convert the 360 files.
- The software only supports CINEFORM which is great if you want 6GB files for 60 seconds of footage.
- Want to edit the footage in Premiere?
- The quality of the edits from the phone app are marginal at best.
- The old FUSION software which does work won't recognize the MAX
- There is no night mode
- No options for raw files either
GoPro. You can do better. We need new firmware and usable software yesterday.
11-04-2019 08:13 AM
hey agree with you. Camera looks nice and handy... but actual menus, soft and usage is just garbage. No decent support for windows (max exporter is unfinished, Player / reframe only for mac, Android app sucks...)
Why launching a cam without proper soft to use it ? This MAX has another bad KARMA.....
Don't buy. This things will end up in your tech gar(b)age.
11-12-2019 07:12 PM
I am having this same problem and it is very frustrating. I am going to try and return it before I am stuck with it. Then maybe I will get it after the softwares have been improved where I can use it effectively. Very upsetting that I take the leap to go for the more expensive camera because of this extra feature and I am unable to use it.
11-13-2019 07:13 AM
This is how a big company loses it's reputation and customers in the long run when other companies enter in the market with better options.
11-13-2019 07:31 AM
hmm definitely not your PC. I'm running windows 10 as well with 32GB DDR and i7 9700 chip and I convert the 360 files with no issues.
Maybe a conflict with certain files? It could be any number of reasons. If you haven't already, try uninstalling and re-installing. It may or may not help.
11-16-2019 07:18 PM
Fusion was like this at launch too. ZERO communication from @GoPro
At least we had Fusion studio. Why they couldn't have just integrated this product into Fusion studio is beyond me.