Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

1 week with MAX. Camera? Good. Software? Garbage.

[ New ]

My new MAX showed up a week ago. Shooting with it is amazing. The form factor and the controls are perfect.

The problem is that I can't actually do anything with it because the software options are complete garbage.

• The GOPRO MAX Exporter software to convert 360 footage won't render more than 60 seconds without corrupted footage. There's no other options to edit and convert the 360 files. 
  • The software only supports CINEFORM which is great if you want 6GB files for 60 seconds of footage.
  • Want to edit the footage in Premiere? 
  • The quality of the edits from the phone app are marginal at best.
  • The old FUSION software which does work won't recognize the MAX
  • There is no night mode
  • No options for raw files either

GoPro. You can do better. We need new firmware and usable software yesterday.

Tourist

Re: 1 week with MAX. Camera? Good. Software? Garbage.

[ New ]

hey agree with you. Camera looks nice and handy...  but actual menus, soft and usage is just garbage. No decent support for windows (max exporter is unfinished, Player / reframe only for mac, Android app sucks...) 

Why launching a cam without proper soft to use it ? This MAX has another bad KARMA..... 

Don't buy.  This things will end up in your  tech gar(b)age.

Tourist

[ New ]

I am having this same problem and it is very frustrating. I am going to try and return it before I am stuck with it. Then maybe I will get it after the softwares have been improved where I can use it effectively. Very upsetting that I take the leap to go for the more expensive camera because of this extra feature and I am unable to use it. 

Hiker

[ New ]
I believe your issue with the Exporter app is due to your computer. Can I ask what your PC specs are? I agree Cineform is the best option for lossless files but they can be extremely large and will eat up a lot of HD space. GoPro rushed the Max out without thinking about the overall user experience for the average consumer.

This is how a big company loses it's reputation and customers in the long run when other companies enter in the market with better options.
Hiker

[ New ]

Win10, 32GB of Ram, 4TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti.

Hiker

[ New ]

hmm definitely not your PC. I'm running windows 10 as well with 32GB DDR and i7 9700 chip and I convert the 360 files with no issues. 

Maybe a conflict with certain files? It could be any number of reasons. If you haven't already, try uninstalling and re-installing. It may or may not help.

Tourist

[ New ]

I agree with you, the camera is nice but everything else is a disaster, to bad for such a capable product.

Hiker

[ New ]

Fusion was like this at launch too.  ZERO communication from @GoPro 

At least we had Fusion studio. Why they couldn't have just integrated this product into Fusion studio is beyond me.