Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: 1 week with MAX. Camera? Good. Software? Garbage.

Gopro needs an urgent firmware update.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Just bought the GoPro Max. Nothing but issues. This camera is not ready to be put on store shelves. It might be the best camera in the world but I’ll never know because I can’t view the videos. I tried editing the 360 videos on my brand new iPhone and this error pops up: “Photo bursts, 4K 4:3 video and 360 media are not supported at this time”. I tried this on multiple iPhones from the newest generation all the way to an iPhone 6s. Called GoPro customer care and they told me to download GoPro Player on my brand new gaming PC... the only problem with that is that “GoPro Player” doesn’t even exist for PC, it’s only for Mac. Then customer service told me to install Exporter which I’ve done and it keeps crashing as soon as in import media and start the queue. I tried doing fresh installs of exporter 3 times with no luck. GoPro, you’ve obviously rushed to put the GoPro Max on shelves before all of its software was ready. This is unacceptable. You’d think your company would have learned from that same mistake you made with the crappy Karma Drone. I should add that customer care told me to “just use the MAX in Hero mode instead of 360 mode until they can sort out the software issues”... if I wanted the Hero I wouldn’t have bought the MAX!!! Smh!
Highlighted
Sightseer

@martyd71 wrote:

Fusion was like this at launch too.  ZERO communication from @GoPro 

At least we had Fusion studio. Why they couldn't have just integrated this product into Fusion studio is beyond me.

IT LOOKS THAR Go Pro didn't finish the job and sent out a hardware with out thinking  about file player 

I am sending back the camera will go to enother company

Highlighted
Hiker

@heroicwave:

There’s a good reason why they didn’t integrate the MAX with Fusion Studio. Fusion studio made it so you can stitch the front and back footage together. This is done internally with the new GoPro MAX. Cramming more features into their software will cause instability issues and make the UI more complicated for the end user.

But yes I agree the new software for the MAX has a lot of issues and it was rushed too quickly.
Highlighted
Hiker

Any updates from PR Team ?

Highlighted
Nomad

just my toughts.

hardware is exelent, and ya, software for windows AND android need some work.

the only real isue i have is that photo's are not straight levelt, when i hold the max  under a 45 degree angle,(or any others)

max horizontal, perfect photo, 90 degree, perfect photo, 180 degree, perfect foto.

what ever i do with any software i have, i cant get in levelt as it should be.

the app should do the trick, but for some reasons i cant save it to phone or back to the max it self.

i still gone keep the max, i simply cheat with some stuff.

lets give the coders some time, cookies and coffee.

as for now ! , i simply make a short video, make grabs and use that content for 360 photo.