Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: 1.50 destroyed Smart Remote

I'm looking through the freezing document. That makes no sense to me. The only time it freezes is when I'm on the road. I haven't been able to duplicate in the house. The only time it freezes is when using the remote. I can't use the remote without connections and wifi on. If the camera is frozen, how do you go into settings and turn off all that stuff? Either I'm dense or the article doesn't explain the scenario very well. I've already formatted the card before doing the manual update. I'll pull it out and do a format on my computer. It's possible the card got corrupt in the initial install but it went real smoothly.

BTW, I had posted this on Facebook also and a user tried their remote and was immediately having problems. Much worse than I was because they were losing the connection within a couple of minutes just sitting at home. There is something fishy here and all I want is to go on a bike ride and have the flawless experience I had last weekend! Damnit, never upgrade again if things are working. I usually don't. I don't know why I did this time.

Highlighted
Hiker

Wow. I have Plus and with that, you get immediate Chat on Contact Us. Very cool. So the plan is, format the card in the computer, put the update on it, and I'm assured I'll be a happy guy when I'm out riding tomorrow. Let's cross our fingers.

Highlighted
Hiker

Finally some good news. Took an hour ride this morning and it stayed connected the whole time. Other than the whole reformat/reinstall issue, the other main difference was that it is 66 and cloudy vs. sunny and 85. I believe it was sunny and 85'ish last Sunday but that was 6 days ago! I can't remember. :)   Let's hope this is the way it works from now on. 

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

and, now i'm /we are , super curious about your new test after formating the card......

...is it really fixed now ??  (honestly ... I don't think so)

Why should a card create a lockup , if it did not do this before an update....the card will only be written . I would technically understand if only the writingcache of the max would be overflown ....but that would not break up the remoteconnection.

Even if, it would be a huge bug .

and what makes me extermely aggravated ist the way people like aragon is treating us by telling " we don't recommend downgrading" even it they destroyed our paid property, instead of real helping.

But lets see if ever gopro survives the next 6-12 month .....  stock value is at 3.44 ...compare to other companies : junk

but thank you for the valuable information ..... as I keep in mind for month now.... I definitely will never ever update any gopro product I own anymore ...and surely I will never buy whatever the will release this or the next years.